Alfredo sauce is very versatile and wonderful over fettuccini and other pasta. Use this basic Alfredo sauce over pasta and add broccoli or shrimp. ~yum~
|2 cups (1 pint carton)||Heavy Cream|
|12 tablespoons||Unsalted Butter|
|1/2 tablespoon||Fresh Garlic, Minced|
|2 cups||Parmesan Cheese, Grated|
|2 cups||Asiago Cheese, Grated|
|Salt and Fresh Ground (white) Pepper|
1. Add heavy cream and butter to a large sauce pan and cook, over medium heat, until butter melts; about 3 minutes. The key is to heat this slowly as to not scorch the mixture.
2. Add the fresh minced garlic.
3. Slowly stir in small amounts of the Parmesan and Asiago cheese. Stir sauce continuously as the cheese melts.
4. Once all cheese has melted, remove from heat.
5. Let the sauce stand for 5 minutes before serving.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
Fettuccini Alfredo – Add this Alfredo Sauce to cooked Fettuccini and mix. After the butter has melted, step 1 above, add 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice. Once you have combined the Alfredo Sauce and Fettuccini, incorporate 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest and a small pinch of nutmeg. Top with steamed broccoli, asparagus or shrimp.