My primary goal in life is to support my family, be a friend and enjoy each day as it may be my last.
When I’m not delivering enterprise-class SharePoint solutions; I am a family man, father, grandfather and friend. My most memorable times in life are spending time with my family. I relax by working on Robotics
projects, Gardening and Cooking
and Flying RC Airplanes and Helicopters
With a motivation to solve Enterprise-class Information Management Business needs, I have learned the science and art of Enterprise Solution Architecture and Implementation through schooling and “real world” implementation experience. I have architected and implemented both small and large-scale Business Systems, Information Asset Management Systems, Document Management Solutions, Corporate Intranets, Extranets and Internet facing sites. I have a total of 30 years in the IT industry as a solution and systems architect, .NET development and working with most all Microsoft server and desktop technologies.
With 17+ years’ exclusively working with Microsoft SharePoint, I have experience architecting and designing taxonomies, site and navigation structures, controlled vocabularies and content management systems; I have a thorough understanding of how to deliver information within the scope and context of business user’s needs.
Architecting information and subsequent technology solutions that deliver value has been a passion for my entire career.
Since 2001, I have focused on and specialized in SharePoint Intranets, Document Management, Records Management and Knowledge Management solutions. I have led design, implementation and adoption of more than 150 SharePoint Intranets.
I have extensive expertise in:
SharePoint Farm Management
– Designing SharePoint Farm topologies, software installation, software and system configuration and administration.
– Designing Office 365 environments for corporate Intranet, collaboration environments, document management, records management, project management office (PMO) Active Directory integration, hybrid solutions and much more.
– I have extensive experience in implementing and developing custom solutions, on the SharePoint platform, to support and enhance day-to-day business operations.
I have designed and implemented complete enterprise-class Intranet, content management, knowledge management, records management and collaboration solutions. If you would like to know more about how to design and implement an intranet for your business, you may want to visit https://www.interact-intranet.com/blog/how-long-and-how-many-people-does-it-take-to-build-an-intranet/
to learn about the process and how long it will take.
Customization through using the out-of-box features of SharePoint and custom solution development; including employee on-boarding solutions, procurement solutions, CRM solutions, help desk solutions, departmental solutions, records management solutions and much more.
Expertise with the SharePoint platform, when and how to use the out-of-box features to gain the most value before resorting to custom development.
Expert with SharePoint custom development efforts using Visual Studio C++/C#/.NET technologies, PowerShell, SharePoint Designer, PowerApps, Flow, 3rd party add-on’s, HTML, SQL Server, etc.
– I am educated in the art and science of Information Architecture and have a 15+ year background in library sciences. With this knowledge, I can help design a data, site and navigation taxonomy that will improve the storage and management of content and search/aggregate relevancy.
– Every SharePoint project requires the migration of content from disparate content sources. I have led the migration efforts of content stored on file shares, local drives, earlier versions of SharePoint, Hummingbird, Documentum and Lotus Notes. I am familiar with tools to support migration efforts; tools such as AvePoint, Metalogix, Sharegate, PowerShell and custom development.
Senior Project Manager
– I have been a Senior Project Manager for the better part of 20 years, leading both small and large teams.
I have excellent communications skills and am comfortable collecting functional business requirements, translating those requirements to the technology; adding value to the organization and it’s business users.
I have a thorough understanding of the balance between design, implementation, custom development, governance and adoption.
I have been solving business needs and involved in the technology industry since the 1980’s. Core business and technology competencies fall in to the following areas:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 on-premise
- Office 365, SharePoint Online
- Office365/SharePoint on-premise Hybrid
- SharePoint Server Farm Topology; installation, configuration, administration
- Complete SharePoint implementation and configuration
- Active Directory integration
- FAST Search, search optimization
- Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
- Business System Integration
- Excel Services, PowerPivot and PerformancePoint
- Custom Solution Development
- Intranet, Document Management Solutions, Knowledge Management Solutions, Records Management Solutions
- Visual Studio, C/C++/C#
- SharePoint Designer
- Microsoft Office
- Mindjet MindManager
Information Management and Architecture Competencies
- Library Sciences
- Information Architecture
- Content Choreography
- Information, Entity, Relationship and Data Modeling
- Logical Data Modeling
- Physical Data Modeling
- Taxonomy Design
- Business Ownership
- Senior Project Management
- Planning, Architecture and Design
- Intranets, Extranets and Portals
- Information Management
- Document Management
- Records Management
- Knowledge Management
- Business Social Networking
- Business Process Automation (BPA), Business Process Management (BPM) and Workflow
- Content Migration
Awards, Memberships and Community Involvement
Microsoft SharePoint MVP
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
I have been working with Microsoft SharePoint since 2002 and have been involved in the planning, installation, configuration, implementation and integration of countless solutions. In January 2006 I was honored with my first SharePoint MVP award from Microsoft. This prestigious award is given to but a few individuals throughout the world and recognizes a broad range of skills and willingness to share with the community. In January 2007, I was honored with my 2nd Microsoft SharePoint MVP award; this was primarily in recognition of my efforts in the latest release beta program, authoring, training and delivering conference sessions. In January 2010, I was awarded with my 5th consecutive Microsoft SharePoint MVP award.
Please see my LinkedIn page; I keep this updated with work history.
2011 to 2019
I have been a Professional Member of AIIM
for many years.
AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management) is the global community of information professionals. They provide the education, research and certification that information professionals need to manage and share information assets in an era of mobile, social, cloud and big data.
Silicon Valley SharePoint User Group (SVSPUG)
2013, 2014, 2015
In early 2013 I was asked to lead the organization of the Silicon Valley SharePoint User Group. My responsibilities include advertising, maintaining relations with the owners of our meeting facility, finding speakers and food/drink sponsors, obtain raffle prize donations and advertising.
When I am not delivering world-class technology and SharePoint solutions, I enjoy working on Electronics
projects, Flying RC Airplanes and Helicopters
and Gardening and Cooking